Good Lord Tom everyone has them wether they have an illness or not.

I had a terrible time with fear of dying,when i first became a nurse 30 years ago.At 18 and completely untouched by it ,i suddenly found myself surrounded .I would wake up in the night shaking and sweating i was scared to close my eyes,even these days when i get in the car to go on a long journey,it enters my mind .As for tomorrow,the thought of getting on a plane is shaking me rigid.
The worst part of the realisation for me was the fear of anything happening to my family.

So yes the heebie jeebies are a part of life i think but how someone copes with a time scale to that just escapes me.Robin never blinked an eyelid,and stayed that way for the whole three weeks he was in the hospice .It was astounding.

I guess when the fact becomes a reality some of the drugs used take the edge off the fear factor,and if you ever decide to go looking for your mind,see if you can find mine while you are at it.!!!

love liz

Liz in the UK

Husband Robin aged 44 years Dx 8th Dec 2006 poorly differentiated SCC tongue with met to neck T1N2cM0 Surgery and Radiation.Finished TX April 2007
Recurrence June/07 died July 29th/07.

Never take your eye off the ball, it may just smack you in the mouth.