Good counsel from everyone. There are no clear answers. I spent some time with my grandkids today and it made my heart ache that I might not get to see them get much older. I am remodeling our house and there is now a sense of urgency about getting it done.... All the junk in my shop appeared to me today, and I decided I should sort through it and thin it out so my kids don't have to mess with it when.... Don't get me any Christmas presents, because whatever it is I won't be able to .... All very calm.

The interesting thing is, I have decided to fight back. Strange that all my mortality stuff is coming up AFTER I have decided to battle on! Go figure. No sense buying new shoes, no sense renewing the magazines I enjoy, no sense upgrading the cell phone contract, etc. Interesting thoughts. It doesn't feel dark or scary, just 'being practical'!!

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!! Does anyone else ever have the "mortality heebie jeebies"? Tom J

SCC BOT, mets to neck, T4.
From 3/03: 10wks daily multi-drug chemo,
Then daily chemo with twice daily IMRT for 12 weeks - week on, week off. No surgery. New lung primary 12/07. Searching out tx options.