It's certainly a difficult call. Both of my parents went out like a light with heart failure with no prior history of heart disease. Was that the way to go at ages 68 and 69? I really don't know but I do know that neither of them had any chance to fight back as they apparently never saw it coming. My mom found dad dead on the kitchen floor at 4AM and less than 2 years later it hit mom while driving down a rural road near her home. Thankfully she had time to pull off into a shallow ditch without endangering others. I was diagnosed with BOT and so far have shined victorious. That's no guarantee for the future but at least I feel as though I was able to fight the battle for what it was worth. I suppose I would do it again if recurrence entered my future but everyone's case and situation is different. I guess one can only make their own individual case and hope we make the right one.

Bill D.

Dx 4/27/06, SCC, BOT, Stage III/IV, Tx 5/25/06 through 7/12/06 - 33 IMRT and 4 chemo, radical right side neck dissection 9/20/06.