A two-time breast cancer survivor myself, I remember well when I was first diagnosed...I stomped, screamed and beat on the walls....I cursed God and asked 'what have I ever done to deserve this?'
....after a while, a thought reverberated throughout my head and shook my entire body...."WHO do you THINK YOU ARE that you should be spared this disease??? Yes, I had been a 'good' person, never intentionally hurting anyone, loving, caring...

It finally settled in my brain....'Lois, you're NO better than anyone else who has had to experience cancer...it's YOUR turn"....
That was in 1986, then a recurrance in 1996....(I don't know, and don't WANT to know if it recurred in 2006, so I haven't been to a doctor...lol....)

It falls under the heading '*hit happens'...bad things really do happen to good people...

Grandma always said (and Grandma was ALWAYS right) "that which does not kill you, STRENGTHENS you"....I firmly believe that!

Lois

CG to 77 y/o hubby;SCC Alveolar Ridge; Wake Forest Baptist Hosp surgery: 07/19/07; bi mod radical resection/jaw replacement;
T2 N2-B M0 Stage IV-A
28 IMRT +
6 Paclitaxel/Carboplatin
Getting stronger every day!