I'm sorry you don't have the support you should have. I can't imagine - my husband was supportive to the best of his ability - but I'm very independent - if I needed something he was there, but I didn't ask a lot other than to take care of the house to some degree (we were doing a major reno in the middle of my treatment). I'm hoping it's denial not insensitivity that's causing her behavior. Maybe realizing that this time it is more dire and there is the possibility of losing you. In order to deal with that idea some people have to distance themselves. Only you would know this for sure as you know her. I do have to say that it simply can't be good for you to feel the way you do. I would let her know how it makes you feel. Don't hide it, it only makes matters worse.

If she still doesn't get it, or is just seriously insensitive... well then I'd give her an earful - because frankly she deserves it. Plus ultimately it will make you feel a little better to get it off your chest.

Is there someone else around available to help you ?

hugs.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan