Thanks for the info all. First consult with the surgeon at UCLA is Thursday, hopefully more information then, but who knows. Weight loss is an issue, I started on thyroid medicine about 3 months ago, and when it kicked in fully I started loosing weight. Have to eat a LOT to keep it on, more than I'm comfortable eating even without the tongue CA. Kind of like belly up to the Golden Corral buffet and stuff myself type of eating to keep the weight on.

Still feel pretty strong though, problem is keeping the energy level up.

May have to try Christine's milkshakes, although my wife's a health food nut, or a fan of real healthy eating. Low fat and she believes tumors feed on sugar, so no sugar/candy for me. Probably will be making a trip to the dietician at the local cancer center to get this sorted, need a 'referee' as far as the food bit goes.

And so it goes, one day at a time.

SCC Tongue, stage IV diagnosed Sept, 2002, 1st radical neck dissection left side in Sept, followed by RAD/Chemo. Discovered spread to right side nodes March 2003, second radical neck dissection April, followed by more RAD/Chemo.