First, Happy Holidays to all.

ChristineB, Yeah, not sure how things will work with my current job, it had gotten pretty stressfull the months before I was-re-diagnosed. I'm a footwear engineer by trade, and our department was very short handed, funding there for more engineers but HR and department manager not exactly making it a priority to hire any help. Was actualy interviewing with another company when I was diangosed, had to cut off the process. Long story worthy of any Dilbert cartoon basically. So I'm not exactly in any rush to get back to that meat grinder any time soon. In all truthfullness what with disability insurance and SSI I'd be doing ok income wise. Job does require a fair amount of talking, verbal communicatin, plus some oveseas travel. Lets just say jury is still out, some departmental changes going on. Too early to tell on many fronts what will transpire. I've also beeen contacted to do some freelance work for another company, In this case there may be too many options.

donfoo, yes, getting out for some walks, left leg a bit sore what with all the materrrrial they took out for the reconstruction, but they've also set up a PT to come out, willl work with her/him on rehab. Hospital sent me home with a walker, don't really need iit, but they insisted. Luckily there's an elevator to my second floor apartment, so no big deal for access.

On the recovery front, still dealing with mucus, a little better each day but still annoying. Still stiff bones and joints. Tounge I think is healing ok, a couple of painful twinges here and there. but generally ok I think.

And so it goes.

SCC Tongue, stage IV diagnosed Sept, 2002, 1st radical neck dissection left side in Sept, followed by RAD/Chemo. Discovered spread to right side nodes March 2003, second radical neck dissection April, followed by more RAD/Chemo.