Hey Mama... sorry just noticed this thread again!!
Hemp is good protein but it's not complete. I use 2 of 4 kinds. My favorite combination giving me apprx. 42 grams of protein is a mix of precision vegetarian protein (I buy the vanilla - but they have berry and unflavored too), and sunwarrior rice protein. (love the sunwarrior it is smooth not gritty like others can be.) Or I use progressive harmonized vegan protein, and the sunwarrior rice when I can`t find the precision. Sunwarrior just came out with a new protein that is a comprehensive complete protein, but I use it minimally because as a protein it`s quite expensive ($60) and requires double the usual one scoop to get the same amount of protein as the precision or progressive. Therefore it makes my smoothie super mucky and costs way more. (I`m finicky) The sunwarrior rice is 15 or 16 gms of protein but it`s one smaller scoop - and the precision or progessive is 24-26 gms in a scoop that`s just a little larger that the sunwarrior rice scoop. The rice mix is not cheap either (also $60) but it lasts a long time. Harmonized vegan, is about $29 but the tub is half the size of the precision which is either the same price or cheaper. So generally I do the precision and sunwarrior rice. I`ve tried a LOT of vegan proteins - I am wary of anything with sugar in it and all of these use stevia to sweeten.

The precision, progressive, and sunwarrior complete are a combination of hemp, chia, flax, rice, pea, cranberry some or all basically making them a complete protein. Usually I toss in flax seed (ground - I grind it fresh) and a banana and berries... YUM...
I also use almond milk. unsweetened vanilla. yeah! take care

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan