I completely agree with Don. Let the peg wars begin, AGAIN!!!!! Per my nutritionist...anyone who goes thru radiation and chemo for OC should automatically get the peg tube. It saves you from putting yourself in a bad situation where you have to have surgery when you are very weak. Its so much better to have one and not need it than to need it and have to wait for several days to get it. By then you will definetly have been hospitalized.

Im one to look at the positives. Please dont let all this stuff get you upset. Its always scary facing the unknown. Sometimes those of us who have gone thru this already forget how scared and upset we were and how the horror stories effected us.

Go out and enjoy yourself thru out your treatments. There is no written law saying you will feel lousy all the time. If nothing else, sometimes just taking a scenic car ride or walk around the block will brighten your day. Plan for the worst but hope for the best. You sound to me like a very intelligent and strong young man. Please continue to do everything you are able to and dont let cancer steal your good times away from you.

The most important thing I can tell you is make a list of everyone who offered to help and their phone numbers. Tell them that you will call them later when you need their help. Even if its to pick up groceries or prescriptions or take a pet to the vet. All these little things will take your precious energy. Pay attention to this and conserve it when you are able to. Here is an important link of info compiled by OCF members.

http://www.oralcancerfoundation.org/board_images/GTI_draft.pdf

Also, welcome to OCF Michele.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV