Well,

Yesterday they explained that they are pretty much on the fence about giving me chemo and radiation at the same time. They say they would like to do 3 rounds of Cisplatin if they do decide to go that route, and to come to the hospital next wednsday prepared to be admitted, but still might not be. I am just assuming I will be and it will be 3 Cisplatin with approx. 35 rads. They said I would be asmitted for each round of Cisplatin and explained all the possibilities. I guess here are my questions...

I have had a pretty normal life the last 2 weeks, not thinking of cancer, eating whatever I could possibly eat, walking , laughing,talking and just enjoying my friends and family. So do I expect that world to vanish for a few months because that is what I am prepared for. Do I just asl for the PEG tube because it is inevitable or listen to the doc who says he doesnt want to unless it is absolutely needed. I am 27, pretty active except for a few lazy days lately and just curious. It sounds like the magic response is " everyone handles it differently due to age, gender, and stage and so on"> Any inspiration or influence is welcomed. I really need some expert opinions.

They will be doing my TSH level checks and so on as well as had my mouth trays made. I have had hearing problems in the past but am prepared for that as well. Or am I really prepared? At times I feel I am just about to get laughed at from the doctors who seem to have the expression, I wouldnt be smiling so much if I was you buddy. I catch the drift that I am about to walk through hell with a gasoline can. true?

Your Friend,
Nathan

SCC left lateral tongue, left neck dissection. 2 nodes positive. 3 All Clear then ITS BACK 8/23/11 Shows 1cm in tongue in CT SCAN, Radial Free Arm Flap with Radical Neck Dissection 9/20/11 , All Nodes Negative, But Tongue Tumor Poorly Differentiated. Awaiting next step in treatment on 10/5/11... RIP Nate 7/28/12