Well Nathan, I have been following you (both in writing and treatment) since mid-September. I, too had SCC on my left tongue, had the surgery (they planned on doing the radial arm flap but didn't need to!) and am healing...until they noted that I really needed radiation as well to make sure everything was gone. I have been watching for your posts to see how you are doing but I guess we may be going through it together. :o) I go to the local cancer center here in town (5-10 min. away) and will do my treatments there.

I have an appointment on Monday to meet the Dr., get the history taken, etc. and when I leave Monday I will have appointments for mask and trial/sim treatment so I am hoping I will start the next week. I want to get it over before Christmas.

I am 53, a non-smoker, non-drinker - and while it hasn't been confirmed yet, I believe I am HPV+.

Like you said, we are recovering and really hate to throw ourselves back into the pain and trouble. I am not eating chips and sharp stuff, but otherwise it all goes in and gets chewed like before!

I hope I can come out the other side of that 7 weeks with no peg and no cancer, and hopefully no hospitalization.

Shall we both post so we can see how we are doing? I will keep up the fight if you will! :o)

Michele in IL