Just to let you know that Gordon finished all the radiation and chemo. on Apr.
23 (same day my mom, age 91, was taken into emergency with a partial intestinal obstruction, but that's another story...)
The loopiness pretty much stopped when the doctors got him off the morphine/hydromorphone (the nurse and I got to watch him doing his "air guitar" routine when he was really out of it - something no other person has ever witnessed, apparently). He's been on oxycodone and still on the fentanyl patch (75 mcg). The oxy. makes him groggy, drowsy and a little confused, but at least he's not seeing things. Pain control isn't great, but he's getting by. The next step would be methadone, which he doesn't want to take. The 2 weeks after treatment have been hell. I think he feels worse this week than last week. They keep telling us it's going to get better, but when? We both long for relief.
Anne

Last edited by Elianne; 05-07-2010 11:31 PM.

Anne - CG to Gordon (59), non-smoker/non-drinker. SCC, BOT, HPV 16+, stage 3. Jan./10 - radical neck dissection to remove 48 lymph nodes, 1 node pos. Apr. 23/10 - finished 35 rad. and 3 cisplatin. Jul. 22/10 - PET scan clear.