Anne,

Hotdogs are an amazingly soft protein. Macaroni & Cheese, and all the frozen dishes you can find (processed food is softer). Salisbury steak worked for a while. Fruit went out the window fairly early on (too acidic).

I did not try and eat fabulously healthy food at your point. I just tried everything I could find at the grocery store that looked like I could tolerate. I still have stuff I will never eat. My wife and I went shopping together; we made it kind of an adventure in eating.

The Chinese place up the street had some good stuff also, beef and broccoli was nice for a while. I started giving the beef to my son and just had the rice, soft broccoli and sauce when chewing hurt.

When I started the pain meds (about 5 weeks in) the constipation started, so you may not have too much longer with the runs.

Just try everything and get ready to hunker down with a man who will have little taste for a while.

I�m 5 months out and can taste and eat almost everything I used too have so keep the faith.

Kelly
Male
48, SCC (Soft Palet) Rt.,
Stage 1, T3n0m0,
Dx, 8-09, Start IMRT 35 9-2-09 end 10-21-09
04-20-10 NED
8-11 recurrence, node rt. neck N2b
10-11 33 IMRT w/chemo wkly
3-12-12 PET - residual cancer
4-12 5 treatments with Cyberknife & Erbitux
6-19-12 Pet scan CLEAR
12-3-12 PET - CLEAR