I was hoping things would start to improve right after the last treatment, but that seems to be very unrealistic from everything I've heard, both here and at the clinic. Poor Gordon is so bombed on morphine (he saw two tuxedo cats walk by his bed in the hospital earlier today) and is starting to experience a bit of difficulty in swallowing. We may end up with that PEG yet. The dietition I spoke to today works somewhere else as well as at our clinic and said that at her other job, they put the PEG in as a matter of course, whether the person needs it at that point or not. Makes it a lot easier if swallowing suddenly becomes an issue. How did you keep going during the last weeks of treatment and first couple of weeks after without the PEG?
Gordon's not a terribly positive person, and isn't too upbeat about the outcome. I tend to get carried away by my fear and let it dominate me. It's hard to beat it back into submission, but I try. Anne

Anne - CG to Gordon (59), non-smoker/non-drinker. SCC, BOT, HPV 16+, stage 3. Jan./10 - radical neck dissection to remove 48 lymph nodes, 1 node pos. Apr. 23/10 - finished 35 rad. and 3 cisplatin. Jul. 22/10 - PET scan clear.