So much to comment on here... mainly though to answer your question, Anne, I was only on the 25 mcg Fentanyl and the Oxys. A lot of those last couple of weeks is kind of a haze to me right now, but I guess that combo was enough to handle things. I'm sure if I'd needed more my doc would have accomodated me; she's terrific and believes, rightly, that there's no reason to be in pain. That sounds like a sensible handout you were given!

As for the constipation, they did suggest stool softeners and suppositories and the like, but in the end (pun intended) the manual approach was the only real solution. Oh well.

Seda, early on I found that my nose was getting squashed by the damn mask. So the tech kindly cut out a hole for it. If a simple adjustment makes yours tolerable, that's great.

Hope things are improving for your husband, Anne, and for you, Seda!

D too

David 2
SCC of occult origin 1/09 (age 55)| Stage III TXN1M0 | HPV 16+, non-smoker, moderate drinker | Modified radical neck dissection 3/09 | 31 days IMRT finished 6/09 | Hit 14 years all clear in 6/23 | Radiation Fibrosis Syndrome kicked in a few years after treatment and has been progressing since | Prostate cancer diagnosis 10/18