Anne, I was on a Fentanyl patch for about the last 2 weeks of my RT. I was also chugging 12-16 Percocets a day (that is, Oxycodone for most of the time - that's Percocet minus the Tylenol). I always had constipation issues and they reached their sublime level of agony about a week or two after I'd finished treatment and had gotten rid of the patches, but was still on the Oxys. So perhaps it was the patch that sent me over the top. Still, if you need it, you need it! Hate to be so graphic but rubber gloves were the only thing that helped me eventually.

It's tough, and will get tougher... but you'll both get through this. Your husband is lucky to have such a devoted wife!

David Dos

David 2
SCC of occult origin 1/09 (age 55)| Stage III TXN1M0 | HPV 16+, non-smoker, moderate drinker | Modified radical neck dissection 3/09 | 31 days IMRT finished 6/09 | Hit 14 years all clear in 6/23 | Radiation Fibrosis Syndrome kicked in a few years after treatment and has been progressing since | Prostate cancer diagnosis 10/18