David2, Lactulose is the next laxative step up from the senokot/colace regimen. It seems to work fairly well. I'd never heard of it either before the MO suggested it.
Gordon has had his 3rd and last chemo. today. After tomorrow, five more radiation treatments to go. He'll be finished on Apr. 23. I can't believe we're nearly there. Pain is on the increase and so is the morphine. He now needs to take 10 mg. every 2 1/2 hrs. and is wearing the 75 mcg. Fentanyl patch. Amazingly, he hasn't lost any weight so far (of course, if you were eating 8 scoops of ice-cream per day, you wouldn't lose any either!). Then we have to wait to see if this is a cure...I'm hoping but can't help but wonder what will happen next if it isn't. Trying hard not to let my mind go there. Thanks so much for your concern and support.
Anne

Anne - CG to Gordon (59), non-smoker/non-drinker. SCC, BOT, HPV 16+, stage 3. Jan./10 - radical neck dissection to remove 48 lymph nodes, 1 node pos. Apr. 23/10 - finished 35 rad. and 3 cisplatin. Jul. 22/10 - PET scan clear.