The first time I used the patch it was when I came home from the hospital. I didn't think it ever worked. But this time I used it going in and while I can feel the ulcers forming I am in very little pain. I really think the key is to not let the pain get bad because it seems to take WAY more pain meds to stop it than
just staying on top of it. In fact they told me that if I decided I was doing good not to take the patch off that I would regret it. Knowing what I know now if that patch has not helped put the other one on now or use the break through meds. I had a VERY hard time getting the use of the pain meds through my head because of a family member who has been addicted to pain meds for most of her adult life. But they swear that when you use them as prescibed and for pain there rarely if ever see a cancer paient become addicted. I am sure there are others here that could speak better to that. But I refuse to go through
weeks of non stop pain,this is hard enough as it is.

55 12/17/09 High Grade Muceopidermoid Carcinoma Alerted by Largo my Mini Schnauzer
1/18/10 Clr PET
1/27/10 Surgery found Perineural invasion
3/22/10 Began Rad
05/05/10 34 rads
8/19/10 Clr Pet Scan
12/13/10 Clr Ultra sound/biopsy
5/4/11 MRI Clear
8/2/11 All Clear
5/25/12 All Clear
6/3/2016 All Clear