That's a good idea that Gloria had about getting your husband's doctor to impress on him the importance of proper nutrition and hydration. You have to try different things sometimes. When my son was having a lot of trouble with sores in his mouth, he reached a point where he refused to eat or drink and I had to threaten to get my daughter (police officer with a gun) to come help me shove him into the car and take him to the hospital and have a feeding tube put it. That did it. He started trying a little harder. I felt so badly for him - I could see how very painful it was and how he suffered. I don't know what could work with your husband, but as Gloria says the doctor might be able to help. Sometimes someone other than a relative can make more of an impact on how important it is to get proper nutrition and enough to drink.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)