Anne-Marie you won't believe it but we got a telephone call from the Mental Health Department and this on a Sunday !!! Didn't know they do that �

Simon has been assigned a case worker !! She wanted to make a home appointment but Simon declined.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to speak to her - Simon picked up the phone - and I was very disappointed to learn that He didn't want her help but having said that it's very typical for him.

How is that for timing. There is me trying to get heard and get help � the phone rings and he happens to pick it up and declines the service. I am soooo angry and it's frustrating to see someone declining support when they desperately need it. Why do they think the support think is bad? Grrrrr

Unfortunately, due to privacy laws they do not have to speak to me if he hasn't given any consent to do so. What a stupid system. If there is someone who hasn't got the ability to admit they are ill and needs help why not working with the caregiver together??

Anyway, enjoy the rest of your weekend. And thanks again for your support.

Heike

Working caregiver of my husband (51) Simon

03/2014 oropharyngeal cancer, stage IVB, T2N3M0, HPV 16 +
04/2014 Neck dissection - 39 lymph nodes removed, one node positive greater than 6cm, tumour in tonsil reaching into soft palette
28/04/14 begin of treatment
33 x RADS 66 Gy, 33 x chemo cisplatin 13mg each
29/04/14. pick two lines
12/06/14 finished treatment
09/ 14 Pet scan clear