Heike, don't ever apologize for allowing your frustration show. We have all been there. We know what it feels like when we seem to be losing control over the situation. Caregiving is hard, hard work.

Do you have a hobby that can focus your mind and fill in those moments when you are waiting in the hospital, or when your husband is asleep and you get a few minutes to yourself? I knit -- mostly socks because they are easy to carry. Even now, when I go with John for his infusions of the trial medication, I always have a pair of socks that I am knitting with me. By the way, I have found that knitting is a very good conversation starter. Every time I pull out my knitting, the ladies in the waiting room will come and talk to me. One gentleman too, one time asked me in the elevator, "You are the lady who knits socks, right?" and then he proceeded to tell his wife how amazing it was that I was making socks with only four needles. She wasn't pleased because she said,"I did that too." Apparently he never noticed, ha!!

Last edited by gmcraft; 04-29-2014 01:53 PM.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.