3Thought I would give and update of the treatment so far. After a month or so of weekly Erbitux, I had a CT scan of my chest on Monday. The scan actually showed the larger tumor had not grown and may have shrunk slightly. The smaller tumor reduced significantly in size. I was not expecting any results from Erbitux. My side effects are the typical rash, which is all over my body and itches extremely bad. My fingertips are also shot. They are cracked and sensitive to where I cannot really use them. Other than those and being rather drowsy it seems to not be even close to as bad of a time I had with Cisplatin. I am still really wanting to get started on the immunotherapy drugs such as Opivido. I figure as long as Erbitux is working my doctor will probably keep me on it. Overall I am cautiously happy as I know there is no cure, but this may give me more time which is what anyone in my position is searching for. I still welcome any advice or any questions as well. I never know if I am doing things right or what. I just usually take my team of doctors' advice and mix in my research and gut feelings. Also, I am fighting another infection in my neck/jaw area that has come and gone since my surgery last year. I am trying to keep out of the hospital and off antibiotics if i can.

Jeff - 41yrs old/previous smoker
SCC buccal mucosa/jaw bone Stage 4
Nov '14 Partial Mandibulectomy with fibula flap, neck dissection
Jan '15 Rads x35 Cisplatin x2
Apr '15 PET/CT concerning area Follow up MRI no mass.
July '15 PET/CT 11mm nodule in right lower lobe the lung.
Oct '15 PET/CT right lung nodule 3cm mass also new left lung nodules
Nov '15 erbitux
Mar '16 CT tumors are growing again, waiting on next step
June'16 hospice had 3 Opdivo infusions trying to regain health