Thank you so much. My MO is going to keep me on Erbitux for another 6 weeks as it look like for now it is doing its job. The rashes are getting pretty bad and my fingers and toes are getting infected under the nails and causing havoc. These are livable effects however and I will deal with them rather than the alternative of doing nothing.

My doctor wants to put me on Opivido when the Erbitux stops working. He offered to add another drug to the Erbitux but said that the side effects would be harder to live with and he couldn't promise it would do any better than Erbitux alone. So far I am not really having any symptoms from the actual tumors. My issues all stem from the Erbitux and from the prior radiation and surgery. I would love to find out about different trials that may be available, however I am hopeful that the Opivido will work well and provide me with some regression.

Seeing the post today about John losing his battle with lung mets is hard to take. I know he fought long and hard and survived longer than many.

The Hellion, you have also been fighting lung mets for a long time and now have further spread, and its inspirational to see people like you stand up and fight. It gives me hope that I can outlast the critics and norms. Like you, I am hopeful that one of these next treatments will be the one that works for good. I know the reality and I am grateful for each day as each day is one that was not promised.

I just hope to be able to get more time as my kids are young. There are many things left I want to do with them and that gives me the strength to keep pushing through the pain and take the next step.

Jeff - 41yrs old/previous smoker
SCC buccal mucosa/jaw bone Stage 4
Nov '14 Partial Mandibulectomy with fibula flap, neck dissection
Jan '15 Rads x35 Cisplatin x2
Apr '15 PET/CT concerning area Follow up MRI no mass.
July '15 PET/CT 11mm nodule in right lower lobe the lung.
Oct '15 PET/CT right lung nodule 3cm mass also new left lung nodules
Nov '15 erbitux
Mar '16 CT tumors are growing again, waiting on next step
June'16 hospice had 3 Opdivo infusions trying to regain health