Hello Jeff! I have been around awhile (both with and without the cancer diagnosis :)) and don't intend to leave anytime soon. Sorry that I didn't send a note sooner but I have been camping. As you will see from my signature, I developed lung mets in 2008, and have had no evidence of disease since November 2013 when a PET scan gave me that delightful gift. You will also note in my signature that I have had two clinical trials for my lung mets and several non-surgical treatments. My quality of life now is quite fine. Your treatment may be quite different from mine, so I don't presume to address quality of life issues during treatment. Good for you on seeking a second opinion. Send a PM if you have questions or concerns I might answer.

Just came across this cool quote from John Muir: The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark. All the best to you.

Be well. Zenda
12/04 SCC Tonsil, Stage IV T3N2BM0. Mod RND, resect right oropharynx, free-flap, resect right tongue base. Erbitux,Docetaxel,RT X 33. 6/08 Mets lung, hilar lymph node:Carboplatin, Docetaxel. 2010 2nd clinical trial:lung clear, node stable. ORN,trismus,dysphagia. 8-10/2012 cryoablation,brachytherapy,cyberknife to lymph node. 12/12 NED. 6/13 Mets RLL lung: 8/13 cyberknife. 11/13 NED.