I think that you need a second opinion. I do not wish to undermine your comfort with your doctor, but given what he is suggesting I am less confident that he is up to speed with the most current ideas. There is little doubt the pdl-1 immune checkpoint inhibitors are having high success in difficult cases like your He has mentioned two of them that are available and on the market. EGFR inhibitors like Erbitux have been around for awhile, and have had some success when used in combination with the current treatments that you have already had, but not as a mono therapy. There are some really great institutions in CA, and getting a second opinion on your options should be easy and quickly available before this goes any further than it has. If you wish to reach to speak with me I would be happy to talk with you. You can call the OCF office 949-723-4400 on Monday morning to get my cell phone number.

Last edited by Brian Hill; 10-17-2015 07:48 PM.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.