Congrats Ambra - treatment finally over, now you can get on with your life, think Italy next summer, enjoy the sun, the wine, the food, all those good looking young Italian men, dancing until dawn.

Okay, now quit fantasizing and come back to DC. It looks like you are doing exactly what Bart told all of us not to do. Doctor says there's a 5% chance of getting cancer on the other side and you start worrying almost immediately ... stop that.

There's a 95% chance that nothing will come from it. Whether it comes back or it doesn't you have no control over, so why worry about it. If it comes back then you and all your brothers and sisters in this family will face it and fight it together, just like with this first battle. You are plenty tough enough to get through it, same as you were this time.

Sure it's easy for me to say all this, but I was tested myself just yesterday. I had a follow-up chest CT Monday a week ago after they found two small areas of interest in lower lung on first CT at time of surgery. They had not given me the results a week later. One part of me said no problem, any number of reasons why it's taking longer than normal to get the results. Another part of me said they are waiting until they can tell me to come to Little Rock (and bring someone with you) to tell me the results. Of course, all these thoughts occur when you first go to bed. If I had let them, I'm sure I could have worried about them for hours and possibly get no sleep at all.

Fortuntely, when I go to bed, I'm usually beat, so I just say screw it, I'm tired, I'll worry about this tommorow (if at all). Tomorrow came, the sun rose in the sky, I'm still alive and the all's well telephone call came. Areas of interest have not changed size, come back for another CT in 6 months. I didn't even think to ask them why it took so long to get the results.

Ambra, stop worrying, you are going to be fine.

Don't make me get on a plane and come to DC.

Tony

Tony, 69, non-smoker, aerobatics pilot, bridge player/teacher, avid dancer (ballroom, latin, swing, country)

09/13 SCC, HPV 16, tonsillectomy, T2N0.
11/13 start rads, no chemo
12/13 taste gone, dry mouth,
02/14 hair slowly returning
05/14 taste the same, dry sinuses, irrigation helps.
01/15 food taste about 60% returned, dry sinuses are worse in winter.
12/20 no more sinus problems, taste pretty good