Hey guys, after tonight's treatment I will be half way through rads! But that was the easy half, and the bad one is still in front of me.

Unfortunately, the "fun' has started. I woke up on Wednesday with a fairly sore, painful and dry throat. It bothered me when I swallowed. Then yesterday, the dryness was gone, because the darn mucositis has kicked in as well! I saw my RO last night and after the scope examination, he confirmed both. Apparently there is an ulcer in my throat on the area they give highest dose (2.1 Gy), which was BOT. According to the RO, this is a good thing, as it means the rads are working. So he prescribed me more meds. I am already taking a huge dose of Gabapentin, and he added Oxycodone and Robinul. I am supposed to take Oxycodone 45 min before eating to make swallowing more comfortable, and Robinul is for mucositis. Both of these drugs, like the old one, can also make you dizzy and drowsy. Gabapentin was already doing a good job of that on me. I have a project deadline at work on Wednesday, and after that I plan to stop working, as I can not do much or anything at all with all the dizziness and tiredness.

Also, my hair started falling out at the nape of the neck and my skin is getting redder. Gums around the molar that is directly in the rad field (and some other random ones, which I can not explain)are swollen and painful when I brush my teeth. Is there something that can soothe the gums other than manuka honey which my RO did not allow me to take?

I am feeling pretty depressed about all these symptoms. I know that they are normal at this point, I am more worried about how much worse are they going to get.

I have also hit the max on my insurance's catastrophic protection, so from now on till the New Year's all my medical expenses are covered 100%. If there is anything you would recommend to have done, now would be a good time.

Thanks for reading!

36, female, left tonsil HPV+ SCC, T2N1
8/28/13 SCC in left tonsil
9/12/13 surgery:TORS and selective neck dissection (levels II-IV), 23 nodes removed
9/18/13 post surgery biopsy: 2mm clear margins, a 7mm lymph node positive in level IV, no ECL
10/28/13 rad begins, 30 treatments, tomotherapy
12/09/13 radiation ends!
2/10/14 papillary thyroid cancer
2/26/14 PET shows clear neck other than thyroid cancer, but with high uptake in an ovarian cyst
2/27/14 thyroidectomy
3/5/14 pelvic ultrasound