So week one is over. So far everything is fine, maybe some minor throat scratching, but I am not sure if it is real or a product of my imagination. Also feeling tired, but I was feeling that even before it started, so not sure if it is a real side effect. I am starting gabapentin tonight.
I have also been seeing a cancer counselor. Results of some tests are that my stress and anxiety levels are through the roof and there is moderate depression as well. I guess that explains my inability to concentrate at work and feeling that my brain is foggy.
I was reading here about mouth rinsing with manuka honey, how does that exactly work, especially when already using salt/baking soda rinse? Are they used at different times? Is sugar from the honey a concern for the teeth, I always brush/rinse my teeth after any food, especially something that contains sugar?

36, female, left tonsil HPV+ SCC, T2N1
8/28/13 SCC in left tonsil
9/12/13 surgery:TORS and selective neck dissection (levels II-IV), 23 nodes removed
9/18/13 post surgery biopsy: 2mm clear margins, a 7mm lymph node positive in level IV, no ECL
10/28/13 rad begins, 30 treatments, tomotherapy
12/09/13 radiation ends!
2/10/14 papillary thyroid cancer
2/26/14 PET shows clear neck other than thyroid cancer, but with high uptake in an ovarian cyst
2/27/14 thyroidectomy
3/5/14 pelvic ultrasound