It's weird - really some people just don't want you to burst their happy normal bubble with scary as shit news - cuz low and behold it's terrifying to think that you might have to face something similar some day.

My sister in law was the same - never asked me how I was - or anything she saw me once in the hospital and that was it - we get together regularly (with her parents and such) and she never once asked how I was - what my treatment plan was etc... That's just the type of person she is.

Right now my father in law is going through treatment (actually just finished radiation and chemo ) for esophageal cancer. - I got him into a top dr. In Toronto, and down at Pmh - I've spent a fair portion of my days off (I work a split week - always have mon, Friday , off and every second Thursday - I told her and my hubby (her brother) I would do what I could up front. Took him to various tests and did the long chemo / rads days with him as they were always on a Monday, I pretty much did two days a week and let them sort out how they split the other three days - we always worked it around her work schedule and my husband has flexibility so every week I would organize it so we know who was taking him when and where and if there were any other appointments (mo, RO, bloodwork - etc) and two weeks ago we were at my house for my father inlaws birthday and she had the Gaul to say to me... You know you're being pretty heroic you know since you're not even part of the family?????!!!!!! HuH? never mind he fact that I have been married to my husband for 27 years and he is my children's grandfather... Are you kidding me... ?
Some people are just putzes - I told her its something I would do for a friend as well as family - and ideally family - does for one another.

But it does give you some insight into what type of a person she is.

So if I'm not family ( after being married to your brother for a quarter of a century ) then what? Who gives a shit what happens to me? So being family is the only qualifier for you to step in and offer a hand? (No wonder she has like - 1 friend) seriously - can you say self centered much?

Ergh... Sometimes friends are better to you than family... And you definitely find out who your friends are... Hugs.

Last edited by Cheryld; 11-23-2013 08:04 AM.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan