Hi Ambra:
I knew I'd find where you were currently posting sooner or later.

I'd never heard of this manuka honey stuff, but it looks like a winner, so will have to try some. My dentist gave me a bunch of old formula Biotene dry mouth rinse and gel, so will probably use them in concert for max effect.

Sorry to hear about all the stress and strain this battle with C and the treatments are putting on you. Like you, I don't have the energy levels I would like, but that's because the sore throat and mouth has never gotten any better.

I hope you have made a list of pleasant things to do to escape when the walls start closing in. Just going outside for a walk can often work wonders. Even though I don't really have the energy to play bridge well, and I'm sure the fatigue is causing me to play at less than par, I still look forward to every opportunity to play. I can always take a big nap after coming home.

Hang in there Ambra, if memory serves you're approaching 1/3 through with your rads already.

You know if you need me, I'm right here.

Tony

Tony, 69, non-smoker, aerobatics pilot, bridge player/teacher, avid dancer (ballroom, latin, swing, country)

09/13 SCC, HPV 16, tonsillectomy, T2N0.
11/13 start rads, no chemo
12/13 taste gone, dry mouth,
02/14 hair slowly returning
05/14 taste the same, dry sinuses, irrigation helps.
01/15 food taste about 60% returned, dry sinuses are worse in winter.
12/20 no more sinus problems, taste pretty good