yeah... sounds as though you may need to bargain with him. My husband can be difficult too. He cut his hand last week. And waited until saturday to show me his hand which was at the time swollen, red and painful. It had been like that a few days. I saw it immediately and sent him to the walk in clinic for antibiotics!!!! MEN! I asked him how that whole - waiting to see if it gets better - thing was working for him. Amputation or a systemic infection was very possible if he had left it much longer.

Anyway - we had a scare a while back - we thought he might have colon cancer.

I said to him after the fact - the difference between he and I - I was dx'd handled my own care and was my own advocate. I read, did some research, and decided what I could do to help my self recover and changed my diet to be more healthful etc... I did what I could to try and prevent a recurrence (though there is of course no promise of that) I told him - if giving up certain things, and doing certain things would make me feel better and help me recover I would do it gladly. Why wouldn't you...? he would rather just plod on and suffer the consequences.

A good friend who is 5'6 easily 250 - lost his wife due to cancer 8 months ago - he's the only parent his children have now - this should be the impetus to get himself into shape and stay that way if for no other reason than his kids. He told me yesterday... I have to be on pills for life, for GOUT and HIGH Cholesterol. I told him - change what you put in your mouth things will improve.

People know what they should do but tend not to anyway.

hugs.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan