Thanks Ana! Funny you mention it, I just bought that book a few weeks ago! I have gone through it a bit, not fully ready to jump into it, but have read a chapter about a girl who lost her mother around the same age as me, to cancer. I totally identified with everything she said and it helped a lot to be able to relate to someone about the exact same things that I've been feeling.

Your words are so comforting, I do hope that she will be with me. Sometimes I do think that she is, I was the baby of the family and she was always so protective of me and when she was dying she was SO worried about me being ok after she was gone. I can't imagine she would be anywhere else... though I do hope she's enjoying being reunited with my grandfather, my cousin, and a dear friend of ours who passed far too young.

I have a similar story about a friend of mine. Her mom died before she had her children also and when she went for the ultrasound of her second child, her first child kept pointing to the door saying he saw grandma. He'd never met her, but had seen many pictures of her. When she told me that story I got chills. I do believe in it, I just need to feel it for myself I guess.

Amy CG to mom Janet - diag w/ early SCC 8/11-surg w/ rad neck dissect & graft from arm/thigh 9/11-evid in nodes tx 6 wks rads (5/wk) w/cistplatin (1/wk for 6 wks) began 11/11-wk or 2 break 12/11 due to severe side effects-done 1/12- 3/23/12 mets to liver lung bone-hospice 4/7/12-lost fight 4/22/12