my dad passed from cancer in 2005, 1 month before my daughter was born. then mom passed away at the end of 07. that winter 07/08 in wa where we lived, we had snow on moms birthday - march 25. i remember i looked up and said OK MOM! enough of that - and i laughed because she knew i hated snow. then on their anniversary - april 19 it snowed again ... at which time i laughed again and said OK YOU TWO! Knock it off!!! and then i thought for a second and looked up again and said if it snows on dads birthday, Im outta here!!! (june 2) LOL

i believe in the afterlife
very much so
and i am not afraid to die because of that
now don't get me wrong - i wanna stick around for my kids and those i love but i am not afraid for the dying part and i kinda get homesick for that place i have never yet seen because i miss so many that have gone there BUT i have work yet to do here so i will be thankful for whatever time i have here and try to be a good steward of that time - and when that time comes, i will say farewell - see you soon to those i leave behind.

i read the book called heaven is for real ... can get it on amazon ... out of the gazillion books i have read, i think that one impacted me most ... and 90 minutes in heaven is also awesome ... perhaps they would bring you comfort?