Hello my name is John. I'm a 25 year old preschool teacher who has just been recently diagnosed with stage 1 oral cancer. It started as what I assumed was a really stubborn canker sore since I'm predisposed to them. Well after 3 months and no improvement I went to a dentist who took one look at it and had me imidiately go for a biopsy that day. I waited for 5 days and got the results back. I had well diffirenciated tongue cancer. 4 days after that I went into surgery and had part of my tongue removed and some of my lymph nodes removed on that side.

It's been 4 days since my surgery and I'm being overwhelmed with so many questions and the desperate need to talk to people who have gone or are going through this.

My major question is how long before the swelling goes down? And a ball bark healing time. They caught it so quick they didn't need to remove a large portion of my tongue so I didnt need any skin grafts.
Thank you for reading my post and I look forward to hearing from you guys

Taking a break from the forum for a while. Thank you so much for your support if you've been supportive.