[quote=braziliangirl82]Hi John, our cases seem similar. I just completed 30 yo and was 29 when diagnosed. I am stage I like you, didnt needend to have anything on my tongue replaced.

My tongue surgery was on december 07, and 2 weeks later i had 57 lymphonodes removed. All came back clean.

I am also really anxious, but my life is almost back to normal. I mean almost because since i had primmary closure my speech is understandable but not as before.

My main issue right now is the afraid of reccurence, this is driving me mad.

Are you using any tube to eat? I got my removed one week later and started eating solids 20 days after surgery. Swelling is decreasing but i still have some hard parts on the tongue.

My neck is healing but not painfull... How many nodes you got off? Hope you get well asap! Its HARD to be into this so young! [/quote]
Thank you for replying to me. You have no idea the comfort there is in hearing from just one person. I had a few lymph nodes removed and frozen to see if they were affected and they came back clear. I didn't have a feeding tube. I've been eating semi solid foods like applesauce and soup. I can talk kind of clearly but my tongue is still somewhat swollen.
I just kind of feel trapped in my own body right now and very depressed. I'm having these outbursts of tears for almost no reason and I'm just all around scared. Scared that I won't be able to eat normally again scared that my job won't be held. But I'm trying to stay positive. This was all just such a whirlwind. I went from having cancer to having a biopsy to having it removed and my lymph nodes removed in the span of 3 weeks. And I'm so totally upset that the hospital gave me and my family so little information on healing

Taking a break from the forum for a while. Thank you so much for your support if you've been supportive.