I went back to work yesterday. It was wonderful to see all the children I work with and see their reaction to me being back. My boss came up to me on the way out the door to ask me how I was and to half assed welcoming back. It felt good to be back and actually get to communicate with the parents. When this all started I had typed up a letter to in a professional manner to let the parents know what was going on and why I had to leave so suddenly and my boss refused to pass it out and I found out yesterday that she actually told some parents I was on vacation. I made sure to tell the parents exactly what happened and now she looks like a moron.
But the parents and my co-workers were very supportive.
I just happen to work in a field where being a male I'm constantly discriminated against and this is just another example. My boss can spew personal information about her pregnancy, including details about her morning sickness and how much she vomits but for some reason me having been operated on for cancer gets swept under the rug.
I know too that from now on its going to be a battle to go to all my doctors appointments for follow up care because she doesn't grasp that my bought with cancer isn't over. But she can leave early 3-4 times a week for her doctors appointments.

Thank you guys for all your support. On a more pleasant note my favorite band who are kind of local kind of not sent me a box of all their albums, all signed with a different message of encouragement and they sent me some other goodies as well. They have a show tomorrow night in my town and are dedicating a song to me so at least I have that to look forward to!

Taking a break from the forum for a while. Thank you so much for your support if you've been supportive.