That's fantastic... On the band! Try not to feel down cancer is scary to everyone most people are just happy - 1) it's not them - 2) you're fine so they can stop thinking about it. During my treatment and even after my diagnosis my sister in law mentioned my cancer a total of 3 times - she never once called even to see how I was doing or offer help (she did come by the hospital one day of the 10 I was in). In fact the day of my surgery (14 hrs) she asked my daughter to baby sit so she could go to a "ball" - I have no siblings - my mom is gone and at the time I was in the hospital my dad was in Europe for 3 mos! My inlaws - are great and so was my husband but even they are happy it's over with (at least in their eyes)
Most people don't get it.
As for your boss - union? You have one... I'm assuming - time off for illness and check ups should be built into your contract... And believe me I'm not a union peron per se - but it do know 2 things - school boards don't like principals with a lot of grievances - and the best way to shut someone like her down, is mention union.

Good luck - heal well!

Last edited by Cheryld; 03-01-2012 11:47 AM.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan