[quote=zengalib]My cancer started with my tongue as well, as you can see in my profile. Yes, it is frightening, but mine was stage IV and I am still here after 21/2 years. Of course, I worry about recurrance, too. But I try not to get too depressed about it, even though sometimes it's hard not to be. My husband and I were in an accident this summer-our car got hit by a fire truck, and we also made it through that. I still have issues with eating, but I am happy to be alive and was blessed last spring to meet my first grandchild. Life is very precious, and I am more aware of that every day. Good luck to you. We are all here for you. [/quote] thank you for sharing your story with me. This forum and the people on it sharing their stories has calmed me down do much. It's amazing to me that this kind of cancer is much more common than people realize. Are you able to speak well? I'm afraid I'm not very knowledgeable about the different stages. I didn't really have time to learn anything. From the second it was seen by a dentist I was on a roller coaster ride until now where I'm recovering from surgery.

Taking a break from the forum for a while. Thank you so much for your support if you've been supportive.