A very wise poster told me when I first came on to this site almost 4 years ago that I needed to keep a record of everything that went into my son's body and everything that came out as well. When a doctor sees any patient, it helps him/her to be able to treat or diagnose a patient. I'm only speaking from my own past experience of living with an alcoholic as well as being CG to my son. The only thing I would worry about is Ron's reaction on finding out he had been given something without his knowledge. I remember my ex's reaction when he assumed I put something in his sandwich I had not put. He came home one day from work and had a super big blow-up of a fit because he said I put mayo on his pork sandwich. After he calmed down I told him it was a turkey sandwich, which it really was. My ex's alcoholism was at the point where he could get physically violent if he thought things were not going his way. Suez - I'm sure you know Ron better than anybody and he does sound like a much calmer person than my ex was, but I think David's suggestion to let the doctor know about your solution is a good one.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)