Suez,

Let me diffuse this before it goes the other way.

Reading both your posts I believe that Dodie was simply trying to point out the potential dangers of playing with combination's of drugs. She was only trying to help as we all are in our posts. Your situation cries out for help and we all wish we could provide the magic pill as it were. We all understand your frustration. Heck one has to be a Saint to be a caregiver in a normal treatment environment but add a complication like alcohol and tobacco abuse and not many people could cope with it.

My wife told me a year or so post Tx that she got me to take some sedative at some point which she said helped the both of us and I was totally unaware of it.

If you are still open to comments I would mention your apparent solution to his doctor and at least get their blessing.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.