Hi Delly
So sorry to hear about your dad ...... I live not to far away from Manchester . I had tonsil cancer so not the same but if I can offer any help , support just let me know.
Was your dad treated at The Christie with surgery at Wythenshaw ? I had my op at Stepping Hill then chemo and radiotherapy at The Christie under the care of Dr Sykes . Been going to a head and neck support group at Maccelsfied hospital think it's every 6 weeks , it's for carers too . Some people have been through the same procedure as your dad.
I finished treatment December 2013 and I'm doing good most of the time . Got a little worry at the moment but having it removed and a biopsy on Monday at wythenshaw under Mister Iqbar team ..... Nobody appears to freaked out apart from me , but as the mantra says on here " it's not cancer until the biopsy says it is" so that's what I'm saying to myself!
You are doing a great job looking after your dad , my partner did the same for me and still does he's very protective keeps me grounded . It's vital when facing this horrible unfair disease .
Stay strong thinking of you , don't be alone, ask questions , and remember I'm not to far from you. I haven't the knowledge that other people on here have unfortunately but can offer my support and a hug ! Xxx😄😄

Di 47 none smoker / drinker

T4 SCC left tonsil
1 Cistplatin,30 RAD finished treatment on 4/12/2013
Trismus
First MRI scan appears clear
TX
NG tube 9 weeks
acute vommiting, syringe driver 9weeks
2 month checks