The signature looks great, Delly! Thank you smile

Using other things besides the recommended formulas can clog the tube or cause it to wear out quickly, plus its very difficult to monitor a balanced diet and calories. If your father is losing weight when taking in 2400 calories, than means he isnt getting enough. In my opinion I would try to get him to take in at least 3000 calories daily to see if that will stop the weight loss. Everyone is slightly different and will respond to everything in their own way. The high protein whey powder isnt for calories, its for the extra protein to help with healing. It can be found in any pharmacy or most grocery stores, even Walmart has it, usually its near the ensure or vitamins. I would suggest talking everything I mentioned over with a nutritionist and/or his doc.

Also ask the doctor if a visiting nurse would be something the hospital offers. This would be a huge help! I had one for several weeks and they were a lifesaver to me. When he comes home you will find that there so an enormous amount of work that goes into his care. Just daily living items can quickly wear a patient out when they have had a major surgery.

Good luck with everything!

PS... You're welcome! Im always here to help smile

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV