Patty, I lived on cream of wheat for months. I think I had my PEG removed too soon. My tastes change still even with my being over 3 years out. One day one thing will be good but I try it later and it's not. I can eat tomato soup somewaht but not much ketchup yet. Any black pepper or similar will put me on the ceiling. If I accidently get something that burns, it ruins the rest of the meal for me because my tongue burns for so long afterwards. If it's something new, I'll have my husband taste it first. I can eat onions and garlic with no problem. Has anyone tried popcorn? To me, it's like trying to eat styrofoam peanuts with salt and lard. I did eat a Krispy Kreme donut once........with alot of water. I could sort of taste it.

DX 6/05 Rt Tonsil SSC advanced to lymph node. Stage 4b. RND, took tonsils, strips off the back of tongue, throat and nose. 19 lymph nodes removed only 1 bad. Once healed, 7 weeks of treatment including 35 IMRT, 7 Cisplatin, 7 Erbitux and 35 nasty Amophostine. Almost 11 yrs out now. Woooo Hoooo!