Pete! You are the worst patient ever!

Anyway, Rita, the PEG removal is one of the simplest parts of everything we have each been through and I say you should worry more about the economy and who is going to win the Presidential election.

God, I've become a CNN junkie. Oh, back to you Rita. My Doc just grabbed and yanked.

It was stingy at first, and the bandage had some "stuff" on it the next morning, but within 48 hours, it was totally sealed up and within a week it was starting to just scar over.

It's such a strange sensation. Getting it. Having it feed you. Then getting it yanked out. Now the scar is a strange morning reminder of the experience. (in the shower)

Enjoy the new freedom and don't find things to worry about :-) there are plenty that hit us without us worrying and they are usually the ones you weren't worried about anyway.

Michael | 53 | SCC | Right Tonsil | Dx'd: 06-10-05 | STAGE IV, T3N2bM0 | 3 Nodes R Side | MRND & Tonsillectomy 06/29/05 Dr Fee/Stanford | 8 wks Rad/Chemo startd August 15th @ MSKCC, NY | Tx Ended: 09-27-05 | Cancer free at 16+ Yrs | After-Effects of Tx: Thyroid function is 0, ok salivary function, tinnitus, some scars, neck/face asymmetry, gastric reflux. 2017 dysphagia, L Carotid stent / 2019, R Carotid occluded not eligible for stent.2022 dental issues, possible ORN, memory/recall challenges.