So glad that we are talking about tastes. I am trying some foods again post radiation. I learned one thing yesterday - even a really great piece of melt-in-your-mouth Dove chocolate may not be worth all that trouble. What a mess!!

I had tomato soup last Weds at therapy and it was fine. Tried to have some last night and it burnt my mouth. I can have a strawberry instant breakfast shake every morning, but the vanilla high calorie shake that I made this afternoon burnt my flap.

So on the menu this week is cream of wheat, cream of chicken soup, butterscotch pudding and more smoothies with whatever I can tolerate that day. It is very strange that something will look and smell great, but the taste is not so great or worse. What is really bothering me is the smell of things that I know I can't try yet.

I did find that the Special K protein water is good. At 99 lbs still I'm not on a diet to lose weight, but it did tied me over until I got home from the store. I will try Christine's high calorie shake next. My peanut butter is over a year old so I'm sure it is safe to eat.

If you try the donut Vern let me know how it is - I plan to also have blended pizza when I'm ready.

Patty

SCC Floor of Mouth 7/06
9/06 Surgery, bilateral neck dissection, 58 nodes clear PT2pN0pMx
35 rad 2006
Recurred 6/08, 1 Carboplatin, 1 Cisplatin
Surgery 9/08 - Total glossectomy, free flap from pectoral muscle, left mandible replaced using fibula
35 IMRT & Erbitux 11/08
4/15/09 recurrence
6/1/09 passed away, rest in peace