Don-

Definitely keep up the nutrition and once you start eating more food by mouth (things other than VHC and stuff) you will start to notice a big increase in your energy and how you are feeling overall - at least I did. And then you will be hungry all the time. I drink an instant breakfast every morning (I won't touch boost or ensure with a 10 foot pole), sometimes I add a scoop of protein powder, but not always because my weight has finally decided to stop rapidly dropping (it was related to my dysautonomia). I drink milk at every meal for some extra calories and just try to get as much protein in as I can. I gained about seven pounds during treatment and now I'm about 10 pounds down from that (since the beginning of August), but I have plenty of energy and I'm eating like a horse, so my doctors are letting it go for now. Good luck with the PEG removal!!!!

Stephanie, 23, SCC on the right side of my tongue, surgery on 5-19-08, over half my tongue removed, free flap constructed from my forearm, bilateral neck dissection, one positive node. Radiation (32) and chemo (carboplatin) started on 6-16-08. Recurrence 4/09 in lungs.

**** Stephanie passed away 12.15.09.... RIP our dear friend****