When I had mine taken out I asked the doctor if I had any precautions after and he said no. I was worried because I had physical therapy the next day and I lift weights and all that. He said it would be no problem. And honestly, I took the bandage off the next morning after having it taken out and it was completely closed up. I was disappointed because I had plans to take pictures of the hole in my belly. I kept another bandage on it just to be safe but nothing leaked out after that. There was some initial leakage the first day, but that was it. If you are like me with a balloon on the inside it is pain free, at least I thought so, and I was prepared for the worst. It was definitely the easiest thing I've been through in a while! Now my only problem is that when I get hungry my peg tube scar hurts. My husband calls me Harry Potter. Good luck!!

Stephanie, 23, SCC on the right side of my tongue, surgery on 5-19-08, over half my tongue removed, free flap constructed from my forearm, bilateral neck dissection, one positive node. Radiation (32) and chemo (carboplatin) started on 6-16-08. Recurrence 4/09 in lungs.

**** Stephanie passed away 12.15.09.... RIP our dear friend****