You guys are a hoot!

I about fell outta the chair at the idea of a dohnut in a blender, the same thing crossed my mind.

Finding such varied accounts of the cange of taste is suprising. Perhaps, just like getting "baby hair" we get "baby taste buds" as we recover.

"Vern food" really helped me keep my weight on, and is actually quite cheap:

1 can of Instant breakfast
1 bottle of ovaltine malt

I will fill a large glass 3/4 of the way up with the powder and then mix in whole milk. It takes a while to disolve.
The malt will really help put on or keep on the pounds, and I drink it with my one real meal a day.

After almost 2 years post TX, my taste is still pretty random, but I seem to notice that I get a set back if I dry out overnight. Hmm, perhaps those taste buds are injured or killed by drying out.

To me: Sugar is weak, salt is strong, starch EWWWWW.

As a note: Cravings for pork rinds came up during TX, my Oncologist said its very common, but he didn't know why.
Doing a full dietary study on myself I discovered that all the instant breafasts and supplements I had didn't have Selenium, if I recall correctly, and I never followed up.

Anyone else?

ENT conjectures before, no PET approved by HMO. Metastasis 11/06. CT 2/07: mass RT sub-mandibular gland. 7 CM mass/tonsil, base of tongue removed, biopsies 2/07 and 3/07. Vein lost, RT face numb. PET scan: spot in chest, un-investigated. Oral surgery 4/07. 3X Cisplatin and 32X IMRT from 4/07-5/07.