Amy,

I first crossed paths with Mama Minnie, Broadsword, Scuby and Anna during my treatment in September of 2003 on Delphi Forums. I knew instantly that of all things in life, we shared our love of Christ and our love of family. Over the years we had talked so many times of meeting face to face yet time is this elusive thing that has no boundaries. I planned a trip to Rescue with eager anticipation of moving my mother's best friend back to Texas but especially of that magical moment of meeting your mother. I missed the walk because I was too ashamed to admit I couldn't afford it after not working for several years because of my mother's illness, my Hep C treatment and my cancer. The week I was planning the trip, my friend had a fatal heart attack.

This summer I became obsessed with (MY) time and I had told your mother I would find a way to visit her yet now my selfishness has prevented that, at least in this secular world we live in.

Know in your heart that your mother always showed the love of Christ in all she did, all she said and all she lived. Her recent battles were something she faced head on but my cowardice prevented me from being able to face what she was going through. I worked so hard to get people to donate to Minnie's Miracle and really enjoyed the focus and especially the love that surrounded her family in even this endeavor.

I cry for your family because my heart is so heavy yet I smile because I know her love will always be with all of you. I also smile because I know she looked into the eyes of Christ as she heard the word's we all want to hear, "Well done my good and faithful servant!"

Today I pray that God will provide your entire circle of family and friends with comfort and peace; that He will surround you with the many people that have walked by your side through this journey and above all He will fill that special spot in your heart with His love.

I thank you and your family for sharing your wonderful mother with all of us and I also pray that each day will be even a little bit easier and the pain you are experiencing now will be less every day.

I offer my deepest sympathy and condolences for your family and as everyone else is saying, the world is a better and brighter place because of your mother.

Ed

SCC Stage IV, BOT, T2N2bM0
Cisplatin/5FU x 3, 40 days radiation
Diagnosis 07/21/03 tx completed 10/08/03
Post Radiation Lower Motor Neuron Syndrome 3/08.
Cervical Spinal Stenosis 01/11
Cervical Myelitis 09/12
Thoracic Paraplegia 10/12
Dysautonomia 11/12
Hospice care 09/12-01/13.
COPD 01/14
Intermittent CHF 6/15
Feeding tube NPO 03/16
VFI 12/2016
ORN 12/2017
Cardiac Event 06/2018
Bilateral VFI 01/2021