This was an email (April 2007) that I got from Minnie after I sent her photos from the OCF Las Vegas "reunion". It just goes to show what a huge heart Minnie had for all of us and how involved she was in helping others:

Beautiful pictures Gary...........thank you very much for sending them. The ones of Danny put me in tears. I did have the absolute HONOR of meeting him and spending some great time with him and Marcee. My kids loved him, hung on him the whole two days. My doctors came to my walk and so did a bunch of professors and students from the local Dental College and they fell in love with him to. He had such a positive effect on others.

It is sad that so many have passed. When I looked at Rosies picture all I could think is that her daughter died at the age MY oldest daughter is right now. I can only imagine how that must have altered her life and how she looks at life.

And here we are Gary, still alive, healthy as horses, one of the lucky ones..............blah, blah, blah!! Do you ever feel that way, lol. I get sick of people telling me how lucky I am, but it only lasts for a couple seconds!

Take care and thanks for the pictures.
Minnie

"What is your life? It is a mist that appears for a little while then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)

This is the time to love one another, assess your own life and appreciate what you have been gifted with. Honor your spouse and your family (as Minnie so proudly did). Minnies passing is a hard lesson for all of us to make everything we can out of each day (and in her memory).

Rest in peace Minnie and pray for us survivors to carry on the work that you started. You WILL be missed.

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)